Monday, April 20, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring....

It's raining, it's pouring; the old men are snoring. I don't know why I(we) sing that song, but, yes, it was raining today.

Sometimes I enjoy rain, but today at work was not one of those days. The rain seems to have a depressing effect on people...and then they get grumpy and make being pleasant difficult. Why do people let the weather affect them so much? Seriously, I can have so much fun in the rain...People worry about getting wet? But does water hurt a person? No, no it doesn't. And it only makes you miserable if you let it. So, my advice to people? Don't let the rain get to you! Our joy is in the Lord...so, don't let the rain ruin your fun...let the rain be part of the fun.

4 comments:

  1. It is raining out here (I am currently out on the Cape in Massachusetts) and it is quite beautiful.

    I love the rain. In fact, when I lived in Australia I would always go outside when it rained. It really doesn't rain much there. I would go out by the side of the road where huge rivers of the red muddy water would rush by digging the canyons deeper, and I would watch the clouds, for they were very active there. The weather there generally was not at all boring like it is here in PA lol.

    The best is right after the rain. The billabong (that is what they call the wetlands below the hill where I lived) would fill up and all the birds would come and you would see the black swan on the lake. The kookaburras would laugh because of the change of air pressure (strange phenomenon but true) and I would spend the rest of the day making clay houses in the side of the "grand canyon" by the side of the road. It was great. People should like rain. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was raining most places on the east coast. I didn't notice to much. Didn't really care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your descriptions of Australia, Noah! It does sound a lot more spectacular than the weather here. One day, I do hope I get to visit there. But, you know, even the rain here can be pretty cool...I love when it comes down in torrents. I used to/still do enjoy falling asleep to the sound of rain(thunder and lightning makes it even better.) We have a stream near our house which gets overflowed when it rains good and long...during hurricane season it has been known to get 10 times it size. I think the only thing that isn't fun is driving in the rain...cause it can be dangerous.

    And, Matthew, I'm not surprised...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rather predictible. I was working then though so it's not like I get to enjoy the weather or what not.

    ReplyDelete