Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Sleep-deprived Ramblings

Today was a good day. After a long time of planning, my squadron pulled off a successful "training day." Everything worked together so very well. Everyone had a good time...everyone learned something. The day was long, my night was short...and now I'm pretty much exhausted. I'd like to share my thoughts with others who are willing to just listen, be happy for me, and advise me on some things I'm worried about... It seems that this is my only outlet for such thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I tell God more than I could ever tell any person, and no one can ever come close to the relationship I have with Him. But God also knows that we desire human friendships and interaction...he uses these to His benefit and glory if we let Him. So, I guess I'm just wondering who is really my friend? Do I have any godly friends who wouldn't mind my crazy ramblings...listening to me anytime...care enough about me to just be there, and are close enough to God to give me godly advice? I'm not sure...it seems as if the close friends I thought I had are distancing themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm still content, I still have the joy of the Lord...I'm just thinking about these things.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel... I don't think I have any truly close truly Godly friends, except for my sisters.
    I don't know what else to say, but feel free to talk to me anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You listen to my ramblings, I listen to yours, it's all one big happy conversation of emotional and intellectual output. Who's distancing themselves? Glad your training weekend went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah. I enjoy talking to you and your sisters very much!

    Matthew, yes, we talk, not very much as of late, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome. I do need to email more than I do though... And your blog is really interesting

    ReplyDelete