Friday, August 20, 2010

Bartimaeus and Me

August 20, 2010

It's incredible, how I can fail to see...
It's amazing, how everyone but me,
Knows what I need to do,
Can any one show me through?

Through this confusion,
Through this illusion,
Like the blind man, who did believe,
I want, his healing for my soul, to receive.

I know what needs to be done,
But from the right,
I seem to only from it run,
And I can't help it by my own might.

I will risk embarrassment and shame,
For I have heard the power behind Your name,
I know you are coming my way,
I won't stay in this torment another day.

So as Bartimaeus did call out,
I'll scream with all my strength,
For Christ to hear me, I will shout.
I will not cease for any length.

Lord, peace is my request,
Set my weary mind at rest.
Take your hand and lead me,
Into the calm...into true serenity.

Father, ever faithful ever true,
My healer and savior too,
Who wouldn't let me perish,
As Bartimaeus, your face I cherish...

For you made me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment